Friday, November 9, 2012

The PE3 Overall Goal...

Good evening, everyone!
As an old cycle ends, a new one begins...  And so now, I am here to post my overall goal and activities for this new upcoming cycle - PE3!
In the old cycle of PE2, my overall goal was Conversating, in regards to forming complex sentences in Japanese.  While I have certainly improved in this skill, even if just a little bit, I have much, much more work to do to become even more fluent and natural in my Japanese speech.  As such, my overall goal for PE3 is:

  • Goal 3: Conversating II - Complex Sentence Structure II
    • To be able to more naturally form complex thoughts in Japanese, which will lead to more complex sentence structures in both speech and writing; furthermore, to more naturally form complete thoughts in Japanese, which will give rise to fuller sentences in both speech and the written form
  • Ways to Achieve Goal 3:
    • Visit Office Hours at least once a week to practice natural and spontaneous conversation
    • Watch at least one total hour of subbed anime each week, and study how the translation connects to what is said; pay particular attention to how the speakers utilize pauses, pitch, slurs, and even movement to get their points across
    • Post at least two spontaneous (no script, of course) videos containing my own complex Japanese conversation each week, reducing awkward pauses, stuttering, and overall retakes to the 'bare minimum'
    • Post at least three written, complex pieces to my blog each week, on virtually any topic, that are completely in Japanese, making good use of new vocabulary, grammar, and kanji as they are learned in class

And with that, the new cycle begins...!
ねこみみ

No comments:

Post a Comment