Sunday, March 10, 2013

The PE4 Reflection...

Hello, everyone!
It seems like it was only moments ago that this new semester began, and yet already we students have reached the halfway mark.  This semester seems like it is due to pass far more quickly than last.  Honestly, I am certainly not too happy with that notion.
But, anyhow... with the end of the first half of the semester comes the end of this half's PE cycle - PE4!
For this past cycle, my goal was entitled Listening and Comprehending II.  I wanted to improve how I process spoken Japanese, so that I will be able to separate the blur of pitch, vocabulary, and inflection into words that I could then understand.  Towards fulfilling this goal, I strove to watch plenty of subbed anime, visit office hours and language tables, listen to plenty of Japanese media resources, post written pieces and occasional mock conversations to my blog. and overall improve my understanding of spoken Japanese.
For the most part, I did as I planned!  I did not visit office hours or language tables as often as I would have liked, but I did post very frequently to my blog, and, through anime, music, books, and much more, I increased my exposure to spoken Japanese.  I find that my comprehension of spoken Japanese has indeed improved.  However, I know that I still have much farther to go.  I will continue to work towards my goal of Japanese fluency throughout the year.  Stay tooned for when the next PE cycle arrives!
Until next time!
ねこみみ

No comments:

Post a Comment