Monday, January 7, 2013

The PE3 Reflection...

Hello, everyone!
Believe it or not, the 2012 fall semester is already drawing to a close!  Classes are largely over, and finals week is just around the corner!  And with the end of this semester comes the end of this PE Cycle - PE3.  So, it is time for me to reflect on what I have accomplished so far!
In PE3, my overall goal was Conversating II - Complex Sentence Structure II.  For this goal, I wanted to more naturally form thoughts in Japanese, thoughts which would be both more complex and more complete in structure, so that more complexity and completeness in my writing and speech would follow as well.
To do so, I strove to, on a weekly basis, visit Office Hours at least once, watch at least one hour of subbed anime, post (to this blog) at least two spontaneous videos of Japanese conversation, and post (also to this blog) at least three written pieces of complex Japanese writing.
Reflecting back upon this cycle, I see that, overall, I did as I had planned.  During winter break, I did not post much due to traveling and a large lack of Internet.  However, I continued practicing Japanese, even if sometimes it was just in my head!
So, for this PE cycle, I did well.  My Japanese comes more easily to mind, which means it comes more easily in both speech and writing.  I find, also, that consciously thinking in Japanese, even when I am not in class, or even among fellow Japanese students, is very helpful for increasing fluency - and it is quite fun!
As always, there is room for improvement, but, for once, I am not sure exactly which area I want to improve in!  You, readers, will just have to wait and see - for PE Cycle 4!
Happy New Year, everyone!  Until next time!
ねこみみ

No comments:

Post a Comment